Buying Connecticut Yard Ramps from Copperloy
Copperloy has spent more than 50 years producing the highest quality loading dock equipment, including yard ramps in all specifications and sizes. We’re proudly American made and we service dozens of different industries. When you’re looking for rugged and dependable gear, you can count on us, our expertise, friendly customer service, and the overall quality of our products.
With a nationwide distribution network, you can find Copperloy mobile yard ramps and dock-to-ground ramps from coast to coast. We’re proud to be easily accessible
to facilities all across the state, from Hartford to New Haven, Stamford to Danbury, and everywhere in between. With our products available in stock, you’ll also benefit from quick, affordable shipping.
Additionally, Copperloy is known as a leader in custom fabrication and steel manufacturing. We have a cutting-edge 70,000 sq. ft. facility and an expert team of engineers, ready to help you tackle challenges.
- Our mobile, or portable yard ramps give the forklift easy access to trucks and loading docks alike. Since they are easy to maneuver they can be useful in most loading and unloading conditions, especially when room is tight and a truck can’t access the loading dock.
- Deep overlap of ramp frame at the high end assures that the ramp rests firmly on the carrier body or dock floor. Our portable yard ramps have eight foot long safety chains and hooks to provided added security and increase safety. When correctly rigged, chains join the yard ramps and vehicles into a single unit.
- Hydraulic hand pump quickly adjusts the top end of yard ramps to align with the bed of the vehicle or loading dock. That means you have the can precisely align the yard ramp after moving it. The handle is stored out of the way when not in use.
- The yard ramps have smooth side plates that enclose all working components and protect them from possible damage from other equipment.
- Our mobile yard ramps are only 30″ long. Because the end plate is shorter than the wheelbase of most fork lift trucks, front drive wheels can reach high traction grating on the ramp while rear wheels are still on the ground. The portable yard ramp approach plate is beveled from the underside to provide a smooth ground-level entry, eliminating jolts and bumps when fork trucks travel on and off the ramp.
- Safety curbs (7″ on steel ramps and 7″ on aluminum ramps) prevent accidental runoff. Exclusive hollow section design and patented box frame construction take the stress of heavy loads and the extra strain of cargo breakout.
- (Standard on all mobile ramps). Premium 23″ tires, ideal for use in most applications. Air inflated tires create a cushion effect on irregular or bumpy surfaces. Solid Filled Tires- (Option on all mobile ramps) Ideal in applications where sharp debris could puncture a pneumatic tire.
- (Standard on steel container ramps). Provides dependable means of positioning the ramp into place from one truck to another. When not in use the sleeve is conveniently stored on the side of the yard ramp. Not intended for long distance towing.
- Optional. Provides dependable hitch for towing convenience and safety. The towbar attaches to the lower end of the ramp and is used for long distance moving.
No matter what types of yard ramps you’re looking for, we have you covered — aluminum or steel, mobile or heavy duty, various sizes, capacities, safety features, and much more.
Call Copperloy today at 800.321.4968 to learn more about our great loading dock and material handling equipment. Our gear will make a difference for you and your business.
Consumer and dealer pricing available.
Custom Steel Manufacturing in Connecticut
Additionally, Copperloy provides cutting-edge custom steel manufacturing in Connecticut as well. Our engineers will craft a tailor-made solution with your exacting specifications and needs to help you gain an edge on the competition. That kind of custom design and build job extends to yard ramps as well. Yard ramps can have unique weight requirements and we design ours to be durable and heavy duty.